Who doesn’t love Reese’s?! Well in Mandalay, they’re a little hard to come by, so we decided to make our own peanut butter cups. They were such a treat, a delicious sweet and salty combination! They were easy to make too!
- 16 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- pinch of salt
- 1.75 oz confectioner’s sugar (1/4 cup+2 tbsp), sifted
- FYI: you can make confectioner’s sugar by grinding regular granulated sugar
- Line 12 cupcake tins with paper liners
- Melt half of the chocolate in a double-boiler
- Pour the chocolate into the lined tins (if the chocolate doesn’t lay flat, you can shake the tin side to side or drop the tin on the counter to even it out)
- Freeze the chocolate for 15 minutes so it will set
- In the mean time, beat the peanut butter, butter, salt and powdered sugar together until it is fluffy
- Layer the peanut butter mixture onto the frozen chocolate
- Freeze the 2 layers for another 15 minutes
- Melt the other half of the chocolate in the double boiler while you wait
- Spoon the melted chocolate over the other 2 layers and shake or drop the pan after each candy to even out the top layer
- Freeze the whole candy for 15 minutes so they chocolate can set and the layers can meld
Once finished, you can keep the peanut butter cups in the refrigerator for more solid candies or leave them at room temperature for a softer, creamier texture. Either way, I’m sure you’ll love these delectable goodies!
This recipe originally came from Fifteen Spatulas.