Let me be the first to tell you: this apple bread is delicious! It has a crispy top shell and the inside is soft, sweet and cinnamon-y. Something about it tastes warm even when it’s not. It’s like a tea cake or coffee cake. It would be good a la mode or with coffee. Breakfast or dessert! Or snacks in between! It’s one of my favorite recipes.
Apple Cinnamon Bread Ingredients
3 cups gluten free flour
1 teaspoon baking soda (I usually put a little extra for GF recipes)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
3 cups apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300F/150C
- Peel, core and chop the apples.
- Sift these dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt)
- Mix the apple slices, walnuts and dry ingredients, set aside
- Whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs and cinnamon.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bake for approximately 90 minutes. (it’s worth the wait!)
Step-by-Step Directions in Pictures