The new school year with these 22 cuties is off to a good start! On Thursday, we have art. This week, we made hand prints for our portfolio. I wanted to make it a little extra cute so we made our hand prints into flowers.
I printed the date and a title on the white paper in advance. The kids had to cut out their own stem and flowers (photocopied on green paper from the template below) and glue it to the page. Then I used a paintbrush to apply paint their hands so they could do their hand print. Many of the kids are new to using scissors but I believe the process is more important than the outcome. Also for the portfolio, one of the goals is to see how they have progressed. We want to accurately show their skills at each stage of the year. Hopefully we’ll see some good improvements.
The lines on the sides are the stems- ones sheet is for 2 students.